Facilitation Skills — 3 days (residential)
Available as a public course and as a tailored, in-house programme
For any business, getting the best from your people is critical to achieving good customer service and top levels of performance. Yet, many people are less than confident when it comes to facilitation skills, and leading group involvement sessions.
This course helps those who want to improve their skills in this area by teaching them the basic techniques, and providing an opportunity to practice with a like-minded and mutually supportive group.
Before booking, please read our standard Terms and Conditions which apply to all open course bookings.
Who Will Benefit?
Anyone involved in leading teams or groups in an empowered environment. The course has been delivered with high levels of satisfaction to directors, managers, team leaders and supervisors. This programme, although originating in the arena of ‘soft’ behavioural skills training, has many uses to those trying to improve team input into hard skills areas. It has had strong impact in helping Six Sigma black belts, SMED project leaders and Health and Safety monitor groups improve their effectiveness in ensuring the knowledge they impart becomes practice.
What Will The Course Cover?
- Creating the emotional contract with the group
- The way people learn best
- The different learning modes
- Communicating to reach different learner types
- Enhanced listening skills
- The elements of a facilitated session
- Collecting the group feedback
- Building the session plan
- The three ‘P’s of facilitation
- Providing a ‘practice field’
What Will Delegates Gain?
The course is designed to provide delegates with:
- greater confidence in running facilitated sessions;
- a structured and cohesive approach to facilitation;
- a creative and engaging approach to facilitation;
- an awareness of the communication skills necessary for really effective facilitation;
- a practice field for new skills in an empowering environment.
Dates and Venues
please sign up to our mailing list.
£1,620 + VAT including 2 nights' accommodation