Master Production Scheduling — 3 days (residential)
Available as a public course and as a tailored, in-house programme
This course is designed to address the difficulty most companies face when attempting to use the Master Production Schedule. Combining theory with computer based simulations gives delegates the opportunity to practise what they have learnt and develop enhanced skills.
The course also addresses key behavioural and interpersonal issues that can make or break the effectiveness of production planning and control.
Before booking, please read our standard Terms and Conditions which apply to all open course bookings.
Who Will Benefit?
Delegates should be reasonably familiar with current manufacturing control systems and the principles of ERP/MRPII. Materials Directors/Managers, Production Directors, Production Control Managers, Purchasing Managers, Material & Inventory Planners and Master Schedulers are typically the most appropriate audience.
What Will The Course Cover?
- The role of the MPS
- Understanding the MPS process
- How Sales and Operations Planning should guide the MPS
- Planning horizons and lead times
- Rough cut and finite capacity planning
- Influencing others
- Scheduling and promise dates
- Achieving schedule stability
- Effective management of schedule changes
- Simulation and impact analysis
- Linking the short and medium term
- High-leverage activities
- Scenario planning and reporting
- Measuring process performance
What Will Delegates Gain?
The course is designed to focus on how to set and manage the Master Production Schedule. It will enable you to:
- implement credible and appropriate techniques for managing the Master Production Schedule;
- improve service levels and productivity;
- reduce inventory.
Dates and Venues
please sign up to our mailing list.
£1,620 + VAT including 2 nights' accommodation